Friday 21 March 2014

Jaca Week 2 Day 5 Paul's comment

How to sum up 5 days at Jaca? Words like "brilliant", "breathtaking", "amazing" seem inadequate. For me, with about 15 hours accumulated hours prior to the Expedition, it was a completely new experience. New glider, new scenery (and how) - and even a new language to learn ("Viento en cola dos siete" - que?). Several new records for me - altitude (11,300 feet) and time aloft (3 hours). On Wednesday, Merv took me "to the dark side" - a part of Jaca that most people don't get to see. Well into France - just south of Paris, by my reckoning.
Hats off to our intrepid, extremely patient and very experienced instructors Merv and Bob.
My enjoyment was such that I didn't want the experience to end.
Which was why, on the final landing of my last day, I soared aloft again after just touching down ....
Paul H (H159)

No comments:

Post a Comment