Tuesday 27 March 2012

Jaca Week 2 Day Two

              Collorada and Pic du Midi in the background

Same weather, same start to the day. As usual Andy says he will take a launch, and I look dubious but this time Andy re-appears after 25 minutes of struggle. Within a few minutes we both launched into the usual stupendous conditions and off to the east among the snowy stuff. Andy had also been trying to stretch my horizons so on the second flight I took up the challenge of Sierra Ferrera. He assured me that it always worked and gave the impression he had been there today. On both counts: wrong. However we managed to return and reached over 11,000 ft with the averager occasionally getting to double figures.  This instructing lark is knackering. Mike Evans circumnavigated the Pic du Midi which seems quite a neat thing to do and I have made a mental note to try. Merv and Simon Holland got to Cerdanya which will need a little more practice for me to emulate. Dinner at the monastery was good.
John McCullagh

No comments:

Post a Comment