Wednesday 28 March 2012

Jaca Week 4 Day Three

     Lake at Riglos from about 10,000 feet

It just keeps getting better. This is just astounding weather for any time of year, let alone March. Today the thermals were going up to over 12,500 feet and some of the lift was off the clock. There is no averager in the K21 so I can't tell you how much. (Must tell the treasurer to fund one.) For my students, both went way beyond Ordesa but then gap seemed too much for a K21 and I had to turn before heading in the direction of Riglos. Andy took full advantage with the Duo and went even further. After about 5:30 it started clouding over, which one student thought was disappointing! Everyone is getting spoilt rotten. In future years when anyone reminisces about 2012 and how great it was, there will be mass cries of "Not again! I could have been there but I preferred the blue conditions in the UK."

We have only had three fantastic days and three more to go with much the same forecast. I'm not sure my stamina can stand this much flying!
John McCullagh

No comments:

Post a Comment